- Personal mobility vehicle for physically challenged persons with various levels of disability as well as aged and ill persons
- Joystick based intelligent control system reduces or eliminates the user's task of driving a wheelchair.
- Rehabilitation purpose.
Salient Technical Competing Features:
- Differentially steered, six wheel configuration with active suspension
- Fully electronic soft touch control
- Joystick based command
- Infrared based safety interlock for emergency stop
- On board charging facility
- Totally Modular design with easy & quick maintenance. Active suspension on all wheels
- Collapsible foot rest
- Interchangeable seating
- Longer endurance (12hrs for intermittent running)
- Specialized design package to suit customized fabrication for various levels of disability.
Status of Commercialization:
Ready for licensing of technology
Being a very advanced mobility aid for physically challenged persons, techno-economic considerations are not important. Besides, in India, there is no manufacturer of similar advanced systems for physically challenged persons.
Design & drawing, Technical report, Bill Of Materials, Publication List/IPR
Level/Scale of Development:
This project was undertaken to design and develop technology for powered wheelchair by utilizing the advantage of robotic technology for physically challenged persons.