Can be deployed in fluoride and iron affected regions of India like UP, Assam and Jharkhand.
Salient Technical Competing Features:
- An initiative towards solving dual contaminants problem in ground water (F- as well as Fe3+)
- An integrated adsorbent based water purification system for effective removal of fluoride as well as iron in an efficient manner from contaminated water bodies.
- Three stage purification process to purify water as per WHO limit (1.5 ppm for fluoride and 0.3 ppm for iron)
- High flow rate (10,000 litres/h) integrated purification system.
- Sustainability towards healthy livelihood generation.
- Selective backwash without dismantling any part of the plant.
- The technology is a major thrust towards Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan. The technology will help in catalysing employment generation opportunities for the youth.
Status of Commercialization:
Transferred to one Indian Industry and is in process for commercialization
Major Raw Materials To Be Utilized :
Commonly available raw materials such as gravel, sand and adsorbent materials.
Available on Enquiry Basis
Level/Scale of Development:
Demo pilot plant is in operational on regular basis in the Institute