The POMID unit may be used for removal, deactivation or killing of pathogenic microorganisms present inside closed chambers like rooms, halls, building corridors using water/other liquids mixed with chemical disinfectants. The system is also equipped with mopping facility to mop the floor in order to soak the liquid disinfectants from the floor. The usage of the unit may be
- The unit can be used for disinfecting rooms using two different disinfectants as per requirement. The pneumatic system has multiple spray nozzles to achieve maximum spray area.
- The system is designed so that the uniform disinfectant spray is achieved over the floor, aerial space, walls and under-roof of the indoor space.
- The system is also equipped with mopping facility to mop the floor in order to soak the liquid disinfectants from the floor.
Salient Technical Competing Features:
- Two (2) tanks, each tank capacity 10.0 litre, are used on the common frame of the movable trolley for two different liquid disinfectants. The compressor pressure is maintained in the range 6-8 bar for spraying the nozzles. The coverage of simultaneously spraying and mopping in an hour is in the range of 900-1000 square meter with consumption of 2.5-3.0liter disinfectant solutions.
- The unit consumes the adequate quantity of disinfectants and the spread of disinfectant spray can be adjusted by controlling the compressed air flow. The spray can be targeted in any direction through manual adjustment of the flexible spray nozzles placed at different elevations.
- The system has low operating costs for optimal use of disinfection liquids.
- Manufacturing and raw material cost: Rs.45,000/- (approx.) [Actual cost will vary as per actual project modes like TSP/SSP/other & transportation charges extra]
Status of Commercialization:
Technology has been transferred
Major Raw Materials To Be Utilized :
Air compressor along with mounting wheel chair and other accessories
Available on enquiry basis
Design drawings (Working prototype is with CMERI)